I have shouted from the top of my lungs just how much I am against hoarding. Most of it has to do with the need of not wanting to increase my carbon footprint and nothing more which is why I am window shopping clothes etc anyway because I do find it fun nonetheless.
However, there are certain things that I never feel guilty hoarding because – one, I can easily justify more the merrier in their case, second, they are not that unfriendly to the environment.
6 of such things that I don’t feel guilty hoarding on actually start with the alphabet C. A happy coincidence! The moment I realized this I thought of blogging this some day. So here they are:
1. Cushions: I love the idea of filling up one’s home with cushions! Though if you see mine, there are hardly any that can qualify me as a hoarder. Instagram ads do keep suggesting pretty ones on a daily basis but, really, what is up with all these indie stores selling cushion covers at such exorbitant prices? Can anyone explain?
2. Candles: Now someone I follow since long on social media repeatedly talks about how fragrances of any sort are not good for our health. But a candle is a candle is a candle. Candles make me infinitely happier. When I went to my in-laws place on my current trip, I consciously didn’t carry any from my stash as all were bulky. I finally had to buy one there as I really wanted to light it. Best decision ever made because whenever I was in a stressful office call, I’ll just light the candle up and feel so much better.
3. Coasters: of course, this is more of a necessity. Then why not have pretty ones around the house? Again, I want to point out that I have super basic ones and really can do with some pretty or quirky ones. I just say that I like hoarding them buf I never actually end up hoarding. 😀 a coaster is something that I use a lot as well, I am very conscious of placing my tea cups or a drink on the rocks on a coaster, so much so that now I feel slightly cringe when others don’t do it! Total Monica from friends vibe here!
4. Ceramics: oh man! One of the most beautiful things in the world. I just need a little bit of more research to be super sure just how bad ceramics are for usage, or environment. For e.g., my dad says that this trend of using ceramic planters is absolutely worthless because plants don’t get enough breathing space in ceramics as it’s not porous. Need to validate these kind of things, but otherwise love, love, love ceramics.
5. Chips: of course. Shouldn’t have put it in a list of things that I love but are also environment friendly. A habit I truly should change because these come in single use plastic packs. I wish there was a way to go get your chips box filled at a lays station or something like that! Here, I am throwing a startup idea for anyone who wants to catch.
6. Coffee & teas: again something whose hoarding I would love but don’t actually end up doing because in the past 2 years, Rahul and I have lived so much like nomads, sometimes at my parents, other times at his and then some trips, that hoarding on any type of food that you expect to last for a long time is just pointless. But totally digging the idea of a well-stocked coffee station at home just like a well-stocked bar!
Any things that you would want to add to this list? What are some things you don’t mind collecting?