I am generally someone who gets excited about little things in life easily.
Even for me though, the amount of excitement – more like, looking forward to kind of attitude – that I have for breakfasts is pretty huge. Seriously, breakfasts make me happier everyday.
And the best part – I like all kinds. I love me a simple, very humble poha or a full elaborate continental mix. The sky is the limit really.
So, I am going to jot down a list of my favorite breakfasts on a regular day. Please don’t forget to let me know yours!!
1. Poha – this is a very humble, gluten-free breakfast dish in India which is very simple and hearty at the same time. I’ll be honest, I haven’t loved it since the first time I had it, because it felt a little underwhelming what with me being raised on heavier breakfasts like parathas. But, I love it at this point, is it the age? :O or maybe just access to nicely made poha. 🙂 The poha available currently in my client’s office is something I absolutely love. For some, it’s too simple but I love it.
2. Idli/Dosa or South Indian breakfasts in general – I love these a lot too. Super yummy and filling at the same time. I am not a huge fan of Vada, because of only and only one reason – if I am having something deep fried, why this, I would rather have something more sinful like samosa or kachori. 😛
3. English breakfasts – a lot of people diss these for the plainness, like how flavorless these are. Just baked beans and scrambled eggs ? Go away! But, but, I do enjoy these as well. Don’t really know the exact reason, but I am bound to believe it’s due to my love for bread as well as butter. I love toasts, buttered bread, bread jam or any form of bread really which brings me to my next point.
4. More elaborate continental breakfasts – think croissants with tomato and cheese, Ratatouille crepes, pancakes, gimme all of that!!!! Along with a good coffee, this is a must. At this point, I should also mention that I am not a big fan of the South Indian filter coffee. I prefer an Espresso, Capacinno or even a mix of instant coffee with hot water. 😛
5. Bread Omelette or any sandwiches – this is what triggered this post. Today is a Sunday and I made myself a veggie omelette with toasted multi-grain bread, with tea. And it was such a satisfying and happy meal.
6. Parathas – Of course, my love for Parathas is real. However, there has come to be a change in our relationship. It’s a bit sad but then it has happened, so have to acknowledge. I now prefer Parathas as lunch or dinner because they seem more like a big meal when I am cooking myself.i don’t feel like making Parathas for myself the first thing in the morning if I am the one cooking. However, when I am at my parents’ place, my mom or anyone else is feeding me, then I love having Parathas as breakfast too!
7. North Indian deep fried breakfast – you know the likes of Puri, kachori, bhatoore chole? I am not a big fan of these because I don’t always crave deep fried in the morning but occasionally these do feel like the thing to do! 🙂
Tell me your favorite breakfasts!! Be it oats or dahi bhalle, I want to know!!! 😀