Maggie from The Novel Orange and Nishita di from Nishita’s Rants & Raves did a really fun tag on their blogs, the ‘four things’ tag. I thought I’ll do it too because it sounded so cool (and I had answers in my mind when I was reading the posts 😛 ). So, here I go with my 4 things:
Four Things People Call Me Other Than My Real Name
- Shishtu (called my Best Friend)
- TT (called by my cousins as it is easier to say T-T than say Srish-ty)
- Krish (called by some friends, it’s the name of a really annoying superhero character from a Bollywood movie)
- Srish (called by anyone randomly, it’s funny how I don’t like this name a lot but it is actually the name of the blog)
Four Places I Have Been
- Lots of places in Rajasthan, India which are considered must visit (read Jodhpur, Jaisalmer etc)
- Kashmir, India
- Bangalore, India
- Makati, Philippines
Four Things I Do Not Eat
- Meat (If I start again, I’ll be able to manage only chicken)
- I did not use to eat bananas since around class 5 but I started liking them since sometime back
- Umm, flowers? I know people who like chewing roses.
Four Things I Am Always Saying
- sun! (it’s a Hindi word that means listen)
- yo mama so fat (when I have nothing better to say 😛 )
- matlab? (it’s a Hindi word that means ‘as in?’, i am always asking people to explain :P)
Four Places I Have Lived
- Kaithal, Haryana, India
- Technically, I have lived in only two places but I can say Churu, Rajasthan for having experienced it from close
- Does living for a week count? Then Bangalore/Philippines
Four Things I Am Looking Forward To in the Next Year
- Living up my first year in the B-school I am awaiting results of (hopefully :/, pray for me, you guys, I’ll know by next week)
- Being able to bake a good whole wheat bread
- Positive results in few things I am worried about
- Success of my loved ones
Four Movies I Have Watched More Than Once
- Hum Aapke Hain Koun (Bollywood)
- Chhoti Si Baat (Bollywood, one of my all time favorites)
- 10 things I hate about you (Hollywood)
- Hum Saath Saath Hain (Bollywood)
Four Places I Would Rather Be Right Now
- Varanasi, India
- Okay, this place whose name I keep forgetting, let me Google. I can’t find it, it’s this really beautiful hill station in probably Canada whose name starts with B (probably). Anyone?
- Eating my heart out in Kolkata, India with my favorite people
- Having the time of my life in Shimla, India. I love that place beyond limits, I don’t care how commercialized it has become!
Four Books I Recommend
- A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
- The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
- Nobody can Love You More by Mayank Austen Soofi
- All stories/novels by Munshi Premchand
Four Television Shows I Watch
- Sarabhai versus Sarabhai
- Game of Thrones
- I don’t follow any, but I watch many randomly. Heck, I don’t even follow Game of Thrones religiously.
Four Jobs I Have Had
- I interned at this NGO where they were collating healthcare related and hospital data from all across India. It was boring and a little scary but we were some friends together, so we had a ton of fun! 😀
- My first job, where I am working right now. I am in Consulting, working with KPMG, India. I still remember telling way before our campus placement season that I wish KPMG picks me. They did, but I did not get to work in the domain I wanted to. So, yes, I am thankful but still can’t wait to quit. 😛 😀
- A couple of other internships but I can’t think of a JOB job.
- I read in Nishita Di’s post that she worked as a sales person in a bookstore. If it is not perfection, its few steps closer to that, I am sure. :’)
That will be it. If you are reading this, consider yourself tagged. 🙂
26 thoughts on “Four things.”
Hmmm…looks like we have a few common things…i use “maaney” a lot…which is the bong equivalent of matlab…”Chhoti si baat” is one of my all time favourites…not to forget the songs….loved Kite Runner….though…i must break it to you…gently…chicken…is NOT meat…it is Dal…in fact…i would rather have dal…than have chicken! 😛 You wanna experience life..try some pork and beef! 😀 I know…it ‘s blasphemy for you!!! LOL 😀 😛
Why don’t you eat poty, Know all? That’s my standard answer to everything, by the way, in non-virtual life! 😀 Also, I am very happy that you do maaney, people really hate it when I ask so many questions 😛
On Tue, May 5, 2015 at 11:27 PM, Life of Srish wrote:
My dear…there’s a typo…. it’s potty 😀 😛 😀 and…that is the tragedy of a Veg life…you will not know the pleasures of a melted pork or a beef biryani…and will prefer Poty to Pork..LOL..Calcutta aa jao…you will get introduced to some awesome food…even in veg! 😀
Ok, honestly Know-all, i am always confused about the extra ‘t’. 😛 you can explain here though 😀 nobody minds 😀
On Tue, May 5, 2015 at 11:39 PM, Life of Srish wrote:
If you haven’t already, you should totally read Thousand Splendid 🙂
Noted for future reference!!! Will surely read it then! 🙂
R looking for British columbia. . In Canada. .or I m sure there is place called whistler too..
Shimla awesome place I lived in chandigarh so very local to me Weekends were spent there..
Hi there! How have you been? 🙂 No, not British Columbia, it’s a small town i think, very beautiful during Christmas, I am not even sure if it’s in Canada but most likely it is.
On Tue, May 5, 2015 at 11:38 PM, Life of Srish wrote:
Banff National Park?
Look who’s here 😀 umm, I don’t think so, but I’ll google and confirm 🙂
Jaaneman jaaneman tere do nayan 🎶
It is one of my top fav songs. Even I have seen the movie plenty of times. I learnt using chopsticks after the movie 😛
I have read all except the 3rd book you mention. The kite runner changed my outlook to life.
This song :’) and all songs from this movie :’) I have never had the opportunity to even try eating with chopsticks 😛
When I was 12-13, I used to eat chiwda with chopsticks! 😂
you are cool since bachpan bro 😀 by the way, if you can, do a post about how kite runner changed your outlook, would love to read that! 🙂
On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 9:21 PM, Life of Srish wrote:
I will try… It is one of my top favorite books. After Harry Potter of course 😝
So cool you did this meme too. I love your responses 🙂
Hey shristhy.. many things seem common and very much common, I d say
Well, are u natively from Kaithal, Haryana? Actually, I also belong from same town. After that, I’d better be in varanasi and food of Kolkata is so cheap and classic.
Then, I read last week THE KITE RUNNER and its really a good book to say. .
Hey! Well, my maternal side is based in haryana and I have grown up in kaithal, but my heart feels more in Rajasthan where my grandfather’s house is, although I have never lived there. Where in haryana are you from?
My village is near to kaithal ..20 km away.. wondered if u have heard the name Kaul near Dhand.
Dhand I know, of course, but kaul nhi 🙂
On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 2:46 PM, Life of Srish wrote:
hi-5 for choti si baat and khaled hosseini books 🙂 and all the best for the results!
Thank you so much Ankita :)))
I really want to read The Kite Runner! I’m thrilled you recommend it! 🙂 Wow, people chew flowers? I’ve heard of people chewing leaves, so that does make sense when I think about it! I don’t know if I could eat flowers either! 🙂
Thanks Maggie! Definitely read kite runner, you have read thousand splendid? Well, one of my favourite cousin sisters chews rose petals, so weird! 😀
Some insight into your life. All in 4s. 🙂
Glad anyways! Cheers!
Thanks for visiting anoop :))