This is going as a really, really hectic work week (past week too) and not in a good way. I mean I am only correcting mistakes over and over again, either my own or of someone else’s. I have so many posts lined up, some in drafts and some only penned down in my notebook waiting to see light of the day! Soon, very soon.
Since I was dying to write here, I chose an easy thing to post right away. Here are snippets from my life captured on instargam since, I don’t know, past 100 weeks? 😛
1. Nail color that I was wearing long ago. I usually buy local nail paint, which, mind you, is a bad habit. You should be sure of the quality. Well, you can say this is something bad that I do?
2. My first PR sample. I was so happy when I received this. The happiness was multiplied because of two things: Tips & Toes being an Indian brand and Tips & Toes being a cruelty-free brand.
3. New slippers that I bought from the local market. They are very comfortable and as you can see, they look nice and fun to lounge around in.
4. I tried peanut butter a long time ago, liked it, had it in my mind but never got around to buying a jar for myself. Recently, a friend got those ‘imported’ Reese’s peanut butter chocolates to India and that rang a bell. It is one of my drugs now. 😛
5. Some of us friends met some time back and coincidentally, all of us were wearing these beige sort-of shoes. I am the one who is wearing sandals, by the way. 🙂
6. Last to last Sunday’s edition of Hindustan Times’ Brunch magazine was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. It had a cover story on must read Indian novels. As I enjoy reading Indian novels the most, I thoroughly loved this story. (For those who don’t know, Hindustan Times is a newspaper in India).
7. When you live with parents, many a times you get a refrigerator stocked up with fruits. Lovely, ain’t it?
8. This is the very famous, very old Wenger’s Bakery in Connaught Place, Delhi. Personally, I always feel that this place is a little over-hyped. But I also feel the need to explore it more to be sure of my opinion. Give it a go sometime?
9. My favorite photo. Wearing a hot pink salwar and reading a vintage book. This is what we call Vintage chic. 😉 By the way, if you have a store in your city, do check out stuff at ‘Sabhyata’. They have a very nice collection of Indian wear.
10. Because the previous picture had all beautiful things except my watch. 😉
Hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed putting it up. Now my eyes are not even able to open up properly. Good night guys! I’ll be back soon. 🙂
21 thoughts on “Life Instagram-ed! #9”
Now… I would do anything for a regular supply of good peanut butter. I know how much I surfed online,as well as offline, for good peanut butter. Sundrop had come out with it, but it seems they have either stopped production, or are not having decent logistics in place. I survive on this brand but am not sure of its quality 😦
Pink and women! What is wrong you people 🙂 There are other colours as well 😛 You people have made it feminine to the extent that its impossible for guys to even try anything with that colour- or risked being… Well 🙂
I read that edition of HT as well. I admit I have not read much of Indian writers till date, something am not particularly proud of. I mean the recent emerging writers. I read the Naga series of course, and White Elephant.
I never actually got into Wenger’s. Looks rather pompous and well…there is always that bourgeois dimension. Plus, of late am training so..that means no sugar 😦 But I can recommend it to those who hang out there. Is it any good?
Living with parents has advantages, yes. For me it was the regular, “beta kitne kamzor ho gaye ho” when I was bloating like a football back in school days 😉 Major ego boost.
What? stop generalizing about the pink thing!! 😀 wear it if you want, don’t blame us. 🙂
I have read on another blog that the sundrop one is as good as some sunhat (or something) brand available in England, which is very good. Don’t remember the taste of Sundrop and haven’t tried the England one so don’t know how good they are but this one I love. Will try more varieties, of course. By the way, there is this website ‘Joy by nature’, they sell organic products and they have various brands of organic peanut butters, do check if you want to try. 🙂
Wenger’s is not wow but it is worth a try because many things taste really nice and this place gives such a vintage, warm feeling to me at least. 🙂
I should have known this site way earlier. Way way earlier… You have to be thanked every week for the next year, for telling me about this 🙂
I have heard of some fancy eateries in Hauz Khas Village. If possible, write about it. It is a bit high end for me, at the moment, but I would like to know about it…you know- things could change any time 🙂
Hauz Khas has some nice places, but it is too far from my place, both work and home. So I hardly visit. Anyway, I hardly go out on weekends. I will surely write about it whenever I visit.
Anyway, another place where you can ‘udaaofy’ your money if you have too much coming on the blog soon 😀 I am just not getting enough time and health!!
Far? Its all in the mind young lady 🙂
Sunday se pehle update karo. Rest of the week is pretty packed, and I can not stay home on sunday evenings. Help me with some destinations please ☺
lol will try for sure. 🙂
By the way, do check out bodymart.in . You might find some options there as well…
okay, will surely check out. When it comes to shopping websites, we girls love doing that anyway. 😀
Window shopping has taken a whole different meaning these days, hasn’t it 😜
true this! 🙂
🙂 lovely pictures and you are right one shud check on the quality as it can harm in the long run ..
I have been in hostel all the time so havenot lived with parents that much, but whenever i did it was a blisssssss as I was FED so much ..
Hostel life has its own beauty and gives SO MANY memories. 🙂
Like the punch of yellow in those slippers 🙂
Hot pink looks good..especially in the monsoons! 😉
Thanks Bhakti! I like yellow 😀
Haha…I see that…DP has yellow too 🙂
haha! wow, what a coincidence. Though it is not my favorite color, actually none is, I love all of them 😀
Wonderful pictures Srishty!! You know what, I was bread & peanut butter while reading your post, I can’t resist peanut butter 😛 loved the beige colored footwear.. 🙂
Thank you so much Ini! 😀 I too cannot resist peanut butter for the life of me. 😀
Hmmm..so you admire the works of Monsieur Poirot! I love that guys! 🙂
me too, I love Hastings too. 😀 Regular person like me getting annoyed at regular things 😀